You will need to provide several other pieces of information during the submission process:
- Full names, emails, institutional and departmental affiliations of all authors. One author must be identified as the corresponding author.
- The section of the journal to which the manuscript is to be submitted (Statistical Investigations, Statistical Thinking, Technology Innovations, or Notes.) Please refer to the Aims and Scope for a description of these sections.
- A cover letter. Please also state the journal section to which you are submitting the manuscript within the cover letter.
- A blinded version of the manuscript. Note that authors are responsible for ensuring that their manuscript has been properly blinded. Please refer to these guidelines.[provide link]
- The title, abstract and keywords
- The academic discipline most relevant for the submission. (Selected from a forced-choice menu.)
- Acknowledgements (optional)
While you will have the opportunity to save your work and continue later, if necessary, we recommend you have this information ready before pressing beginning the submission process.
Finally, you will be asked to agree to the terms of the Copyright Notice (reprinted here):
I grant the California Digital Library (hereafter called the "Organized Research Unit") on behalf of The Regents of the University of California (hereafter called "The Regents") the non-exclusive right to make content for eScholarship (hereafter called the "Work") available in any format in perpetuity.
I warrant as follows:
(a) that I have the full power and authority to make this agreement;
(b) that the Work does not infringe any copyright, nor violate any proprietary rights, nor contain any libelous matter, nor invade the privacy of any person or third party; and
(c) that no right in the Work has in any way been sold, mortgaged, or otherwise disposed of, and that the Work is free from all liens and claims.
I understand that once the Work is deposited in eScholarship, a full bibliographic citation to the Work will remain visible in perpetuity, even if the Work is updated or removed.
As explained in the Author Guidelines, you are also asked to confirm the following:
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in the cover letter to the editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RFT, or WordPerfect document file format. If the submission was prepared in LaTeX, then a blinded pdf version and the source document are provided along with any necessary style files.
- Where available, DOIs and URLs for references have been provided UNLESS they break the blind, in which case they should be replaced with a note indicating the omission. For example, "[URL removed to preserve blind]"
- The text is single-spaced, uses a 12-point font, and all illustrations, figures and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the section above.