Who Can Submit
The Institute for the Study of Societal Issues (ISSI) only publishes materials about work conducted under the auspices of ISSI. WE DO NO ACCEPT UNSOLICITED MANUSCRIPTS. For additional information, please contact Janice Tanigawa at email@example.com or (510) 642-4299.
How to Submit a Paper
- Make sure your paper is in an acceptable format. We can accept papers in Microsoft Word,
Rich Text Format (RTF), or Adobe Acrobat (PDF).
If you use a word-processing program other than Microsoft Word, look for an "export" or "save as" option in your program to save it as an RTF file. If you have Adobe Acrobat, convert your document to a PDF file. If you have questions, please contact Janice Tanigawa at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 642-4299.
- Write an abstract for your paper. Abstracts should be less than 150 words. Please also select keywords. These are words that will help a user locate your paper through a search.
- Submit the paper by emailing it to Janice Tanigawa at email@example.com. Create a cover page with your paper that includes the following things: abstract; keywords; and name, affiliation (department and university), and email address for each author.
- Upon receipt of your email, we will email you a repository author agreement (see policies section). You must mail
us a signed copy of this agreement to our office at:
Institute for the Study of Social Change
Attn: Janice Tanigawa
2420 Bowditch Street #5670
Berkeley, Ca 94720-5670
Once we receive this signed agreement, we will upload your paper to our repository site.
- For more information about ISSI or submitting your paper, please contact Janice Tanigawa at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 642-4299.
Overview of the Process
After you submit your paper, we will create an Adobe Acrobat (PDF) version of the paper. We will then send you a message asking you to approve the PDF version. Please look it over within 5 days and reply to Janice Tanigawa at email@example.com as soon as possible. If you do not respond within 5 days, your paper will be posted automatically. At this stage, we are unable to make any changes beyond the truly necessary. You will be notified by e-mail when the paper is posted.
How to Revise Your Paper
If you publish this paper or a revised version elsewhere, for example in a journal, please send the citation of the new version to Janice Tanigawa at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be able to inform repository users about the new version.
If you would like to post a revised version of your paper on the site, please follow the instructions in "How to Submit"; however, please specify when you submit the paper that it is a revision of a previously submitted paper.