Manuscripts submitted to EGJ must not have been published previously or simultaneously submitted elsewhere. Original contributions, in English, should be submitted online. Experts in the field review all feature articles. Following review, articles are returned via e-mail for revision before final acceptance. All materials are edited as necessary for clarity and conformity to EGJ standards. Because we provide all information at no cost to the community, we cannot pay for submissions.
For publication consideration, authors should prepare manuscripts as follows:
- All submissions must include a title page and a listing of all authors, their degrees, their e-mail address, their institutional affiliation, their full mailing addresses, and their phone and fax numbers (include country code). The title, abstract, and author information should be included according to the directions provided by the online submission guidelines. Authors need to register with the journal prior to submitting, or if already registered can simply log in and begin the submission process.
- The main text must be submitted as a stand-alone file (in Microsoft Word) without a title page, abstract, page numbers, or other headers or footers. We do not accept submissions in PDF format.
- Submissions should include an abstract of no more than 150 words (highlighting the scope, methodology, and conclusions of the paper) at the beginning of each manuscript.
- If using copyrighted material (quotations, tables, illustrations, etc.), the author is responsible for obtaining permission from the copyright holder.
- Tables and figures, a maximum of three each, must be included within the text of the paper. In addition, it is expected that the author will prepare the table/figure for a professional appearance. ALL TABLES MUST BE CREATED USING THE TABLE FUNCTION WITHIN A WORD PROCESSING SYSTEM OR CREATED VIA A SPREADSHEET (i.e., Excel). If unable to complete such a task, the staff at the Journal will create them at a charge of $125 per table or graph.
- Authors should follow the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association: Seventh Edition for citation format in the text, for bibliographic reference format in the reference list, and for other stylistic issues. Authors should consult Purdue Online Writing Lab https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/apa_changes_7th_edition.html
The online submission process requires that manuscripts be submitted in separate stages in order to ensure the anonymity of the review process and to enable appropriate formatting.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items. Submissions may be returned to authors if they do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word file format.
- When available, the URLs to access references online are provided, including those for open access versions of the reference.
- The text is single-spaced; uses Arial 10-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.