National Center for Geographic Information and Analysis
Spatial Webs, Final Report and Position Papers
- Author(s): Goodchild, Michael F.
- Kyriakidis, Phaedon
- Rice, Matt
- Schneider, Phillipp
- et al.
This specialist meeting (Dec. 2-4, 2004 in Santa Barbara, CA) focused on four sub-themes, each of which presents significant issues for interoperability and spatial webs:
• Syntactic interoperability, and the adequacy of current metadata standards;
• Semantic interoperability, and technologies for overcoming differences of meaning;
• Accuracy, and the ability of data sets of different accuracy to interoperate; and
• Spatial support, and technologies for re-sampling and interpolation.
The report summarizes discussions among expert participants, and provides access to presentations and position papers.