Spatio-Temporal Constraints on Social Networks, Final Report
- Author(s): Goodchild, Michael F.
- et al.
This report features summaries of plenary presentations by invited experts and identifies the key issues raised in small-group discussions on the impact of the Internet on human communication and the organization of social networks. Primary conclusions relate to the formulation of a research agenda that adresses the following issues:
1. Data access and data discovery
2. Synthesis of social network data
3. Human motivations and behaviors underlying social networking
4. Analysis and modeling of social networks
5. Representation and visualization of social networks and spatial data from the combined social networking, geospatial, computational, and visualization perspectives
6. Spatial and temporal considerations in social networks
7. Interaction between different networks
8. Ethics: privacy and equity
9. Potential applications, especially in time-critical situations