Skip to main content
- Make sure your work is in an acceptable format. Adobe Acrobat (PDF) submission is preferred, but works in Microsoft Word format and Rich Text Format (RTF) can be accepted.
If you use a word-processing program other than Microsoft Word, look for an "export" or "save as" option in your program to save it as an RTF file.
- Please be sure that the paper is ready for public distribution when you submit it. Papers can be revised or withdrawn, and your kindness is appreciated in submitting only critical revisions.
- Please be sure that all necessary copyright permissions have been cleared. You retain the copyright to your paper and grant us the nonexclusive right to publish this material, meaning that you may also publish it elsewhere. Tenure track faculty may be able to rely on the UC Open Access Policy instead of, or in addition to, their publication agreement. Read more at: https://help.escholarship.org/
- If you are publishing your submission elsewhere, that publisher may give you a publishing contract assigning exclusive publishing rights to them. To avoid conflict with your own interest in publishing it on the Repository, insert the following stipulation into your contract:
I hereby transfer to [publisher or journal] all rights to sell or lease the text (on-paper and on-line) of my paper [paper title]. I retain the right to distribute it for free for scholarly/scientific purposes, in particular, the right to self-archive it publicly online on the University of California eScholarship site.
- The first page of your submitted work will be a cover page. The cover page should include: title, author(s), and date. For items published specifically as an SIO Technical Report, the top line should state "Scripps Institution of Oceanography Technical Report" (but without the quotes). Technical report numbers are not being assigned to keep management simple.
- Supplemental files, e.g. graphics, spreadsheets, are accepted.
- Submit the paper by emailing it to email@example.com. Also include: abstract; keywords; name and email address for each author; and, any additional comments (optional). Include the document file itself, and any supplemental files as attachments to your email.
- If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.