The UCSB Library supports the open access publication of research and scholarly content generated by librarians, Library staff members, and publications of Library departments.
Before submitting a paper to the repository, please be sure that all necessary permissions have been cleared. You retain the copyright to your paper and grant us the nonexclusive right to publish this material, meaning that you may also publish it elsewhere. For more information and assistance contact Sherri L. Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805.893.8022.
eScholarship is an open access publisher dedicated to ensuring persistent access to and long-term preservation of the scholarly work published. All digital materials published or disseminated by eScholarship are therefore available worldwide and free of cost to researchers and the general public.
Works of scholarly or academic interest by librarians, Library staff members, and Library departments are suitable for inclusion. This includes:
- original articles in refereed journals
- working papers / preprints
- previously published scholarly materials (postprints)
- conference proceedings
- conference presentations (presentation slides with transcripts)
- conference poster presentations
We support both peer-reviewed and non-peer-reviewed postprints. The designation of peer-reviewed work within eScholarship indicates that:
- The manuscript is the version that has been accepted for publication after a peer review process – including all revisions and modifications resulting from the review; and
- The peer-review process of the publication is transparent and a statement outlining these policies is readily available for readers to inspect; and
- The publication’s policies include an editorial process which encompasses at least single-blind peer review by one or more specialists in a relevant field selected by an editor or editorial board.
The copyright for any work published in or disseminated by eScholarship is retained by the author(s). By submitting a work to eScholarship, the author warrants that he or she holds the copyright to the work or has been authorized by the copyright holder to grant license to the work.
For works written by multiple authors, at least one author must be associated with the UC Santa Barbara Library. The Library-affiliated author is responsible for obtaining explicit permission for open access publishing from all co-authors.
How to Submit
All work must be submitted in digital format (as a PDF, RTF, Microsoft Word document). Include an abstract for your submission. It can be any length. Select keywords (descriptive terms) to help a user retrieve your work in a search. Use the submission form under the "Submit Paper" link or submit your work by email to email@example.com. Include in your message the following details: abstract; keywords; and each authors’ name, affiliation (i.e., department and university), and email address. If you also published your work outside of eScholarship (e.g., in a journal), please send the citation of the other version to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are able to inform eScholarship readers about the alternate version.
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com
After you submit your paper, it will be reviewed by the Scholarly Communication Program Coordinator. You will be notified by e-mail if the submission is accepted and again when it is posted.