Frontiers of Biogeography (FoB) is the scientific journal of the International Biogeography Society (IBS, www.biogeography.org), a not-for-profit, scholarly organization dedicated to promotion of and public understanding of the biogeographical sciences. IBS launched FoB to provide an independent forum for biogeographical science, with the academic standards expected of a journal operated by and for an academic society.
In a nutshell: Frontiers of Biogeography is an international peer review scientific journal, publishing scholarly articles by a globally diverse community of scientists, following a rigorous and constructive independent peer review process, overseen by a distinguished editorial board.
- FoB offers a Gold-standard Open Access peer review journal, operated on a not-for-profit basis and published via the eScholarship (University of California) platform.
- FoB is on an enhanced platform, which includes fully searchable text, social media interfaces, direct dissemination efforts to biogeographers and greatly enhanced visibility through the standard search engines.
- FoB publishes original research articles, perspectives, reviews/syntheses and book reviews.
- FoB offers a rigorous, fast, flexible and supportive peer review process and encourages submissions from all branches and schools of thought within biogeography.
- All articles published are open access. The publication costs per article are 150 USD for IBS members and 300 USD for non-members, a fraction of the costs for open access in most journals, and complete cost waivers are approved on request if needed.
- Full intellectual property rights are maintained by the authors.
- Frontiers of Biogeography is published quarterly (in March, June, September and December)