Frontiers of Biogeography (FoB) is the scientific magazine of the International Biogeography Society (IBS,www.biogeography.org), a not-for-profit organization dedicated to promotion of and public understanding of the biogeographical sciences. IBS launched FoB to provide an independent forum for biogeographical science, with the academic standards expected of a journal operated by and for an academic society.
In a nutshell:FoB offers high editorial standards, a constructive review process, open access, swift peer review and low author costs.
- FoB offers a Gold-standard Open Access peer review journal, operated on a not-for-profit basis and published via the eScholarship (University of California) platform.
- FoB is on an enhanced platform, which includes fully searchable text, social media interfaces, direct dissemination efforts to biogeographers and greatly enhanced visibility through the standard search engines.
- FoB publishes both original research articles and a variety of other forms of article, consistent with the expanded array of article types and styles of contemporary science publishing.
- FoB offers a rigorous, fast, flexible and supportive review process and encourages submissions from all branches and schools of thought within biogeography.
- All articles published are open access. The publication costs per article are $150 for IBS members and $300 for non-members, i.e. ~1/10th of the costs for open access in for profit journals, and complete cost waivers are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Full intellectual property rights are maintained by the authors.
- Frontiers of Biogeography is published quarterly (in March, June, September and December)