- Write your article in English, Spanish or Portuguese.
- Page size should be 8.5 x 11 inches.
- All margins (left, right, top and bottom) should be 1 inch (2.5 cm).
- Double-space your text.
- Use a single column layout with both left and right margins justified.
- Font size for the body of the text should be 12 point for main body text and 10 points for endnotes, Times New Roman font.
- Follow the most recent MLA guidelines
Indenting, Line Spacing, and Justification: Do not insert an extra space between paragraphs of text with the exception of long quotations, theorems, propositions, special remarks, etc. These should be set off from the surrounding text by additional space above and below. All text should be justified.
Article Length: Articles should be a minimum of 22,000 characters (a maximum of 30 pages) in length, including endnotes.
Colored text: Set the font color to black for the majority of the text. We encourage authors to take advantage of the ability to use color in the production of figures, maps, etc., as the journal is published electronically.
Emphasized text: Whenever possible use italics to indicate text you wish to emphasize rather than underlining it.
Foreign terms: Foreign terms should be set in italics rather than underlined.
Headings: Headings (e.g., start of sections) should be distinguished from the main body text by their fonts or by using small caps. Use the same font face for all headings and indicate the hierarchy by reducing the font size.
Deadlines: As the date of the Conference changes each year, the deadlines to turn in each draft of the article during the editing process will be communicated individually to the participants of the Conference.