Skip to main content
Open Access Publications from the University of California

Haff Disease: Rhabdomyolysis After Eating Buffalo Fish


Haff disease, rhabdomyolysis after ingesting certain types of fish, was first reported in 1924 in Europe. There have been a limited number of cases reported in the United States. We present the case of a patient who presents with symptoms of rhabdomyolysis after eating cooked buffalo fish purchased at a suburban grocery market. [West J Emerg Med. 2014;15(6):-0]

Main Content
For improved accessibility of PDF content, download the file to your device.
Current View